If you are looking for PESCO New Connection, a name change to an existing connection, or load reduction/extension, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, We‘ll guide you how you can apply for a new connection or change the name/load/tariff of an existing connection.
PESCO New Connection Procedure
It is possible to apply for PESCO new connection online or in person at the PESCO office. You can apply online through Electricity New Connection(ENC) System. You‘ll see the following interface.
Please follow these steps to apply for the new connection.
- Visit ENC official site.
- From the sidebar menu, click on Apply.
- Enter the reference number of the neighbor and select the category type of the connection you want to apply for i.e 15kW.
- Enter the basic details and upload the following required documents (Maximum file size 300 KB).
- Property Document Copy
- Attested CNIC Copy of Applicant
- Attested CNIC Copy of Witness
- Neighbour Electricity Bill Copy
- Wiring Contractor`s Test Report
- Submit the application.
- On successful submission, you will be allotted a tracking ID. Please note down your tracking Id for future reference.
- From the sidebar menu at ENC, Click on the print form and enter your tracking ID to print your application form.
- Print out your application form and attach hard copies of all the necessary documents.
- Please attach the required documents to the application and submit it to the concerned office.
- After verification, demand notice will be issued. You can download the demand notice by entering your tracking Id on the ENC website.
- Please pay the demand notice to the designated bank.
- Send the paid copy of the demand notice to the relevant office.
- The connection will be installed after verification of payment of the Demand notice.
The complete process is described in the following chart.
Category-Wise steps and Estimated Time
PESCO has divided the connection types into three categories with respect to load.
- Category One (Up to 15kW)
- Category Two (16 to 70 kW / 400 volts)
- Category Three (71 to 500 kW / 400 volts)
Note: In order to apply for more than 400 volts, the consumer needs to purchase his own transformer.
The detail of the steps and estimated time required for each category is as follows
Category One (Up to 15kW):
Category one covers consumers with electricity loads up to 15 kW. SDO / Assistant Manager Operation approves the connection request of this category. Category One processing takes approximately 30 days.
The detailed steps to apply for category one connection is as follows.
|Once you submit the application form, the office that deals with these matters will give you a receipt. They will also make a list in order of when people submitted their applications, and you will be able to see your position on that list
|The team in charge of checking things will come to see if it’s possible to make the connection. After their inspection, they will let the applicant know if it’s doable or not.
|If connection setup is possible, costs will be estimated.
|The applicant will receive the demand notice in person or by post.
|The applicant will submit the receipt of the paid demand notice.
|The applicant will submit Wiring Contractor`s Test Report. PESCO office will verify it.
|In accordance with the dues submission date, the office will prepare a priority list of applicants.
|The office will issue the orders of service connection.
|The office will contact the store to provide the required equipment to set up the connection.
|The store will provide the necessary equipment.
|SDO / Assistant Manager will set up the connection after the availability of equipment.
Category Two (16 to 70 kW / 400 volts)
Category two covers people using electricity with loads between 16 to 70 kW / 400 volts. The process for category two in PESCO is quite similar to category one’s, but it might take around 73 days. The person in charge of operations will need to give the approval for this type of connection.
Category Three (71 to 500 kW / 400 volts)
Category two covers consumers with electricity loads between 71 to 500 kW /400 volts. The process for category three in PESCO is quite similar to category one’s, but it might take around 73 days. The manager of Operation will approve the connection request for this category.
Change Connection Name/Tariff/Load
- Click on the provided link to visit the official ENC website.
- Look for the “Change” option in the sidebar menu and click on it.
- Choose the type of change you want to make, like a change of name, load, or tariff. You can select more than one if needed.
- Fill in only the necessary details. For example, if you’re changing the connection name, fill in only the fields required for that change.
- Attach the following documents (each file should not exceed 300 KB):
- A copy of your attested CNIC (applicant’s ID)
- A copy of your electricity bill
- Proof of ownership
- Submit your application.
- After successful submission, you’ll get a tracking ID. Keep this ID for future reference.
- Use the sidebar menu on ENC to find the “print form” option. Enter your tracking ID to print your application form.
- Print the form and attach hard copies of all necessary documents.
- Send the application along with the attached documents to the appropriate office.
- After verification, a demand notice will be issued. You can download it using your tracking ID on the ENC website.
- Pay the amount mentioned in the demand notice to the designated bank.
- Send a copy of the paid demand notice to the relevant office.
- Once the payment is verified, the requested changes will be implemented.
PESCO New Connection Tracking
You can track the status of your application whether you have applied for a new connection or Change of name/tariff/load. In order to track your application, you need the Tracking ID of your application which was allotted to you after submitting the application form.
- Visit the ENC site.
- From the sidebar, click on Track
- Select the application type i.e new connection or Change of name/tariff/load.
- Select the company which is PESCO in this case.
- Enter your Tracking ID and hit the submit button.
In summary, there are two options to apply for a PESCO new connection or change an existing connection, i.e. physical and online methods. You can apply by visiting the nearest PESCO office in person and follow the above-mentioned process to register your application.
If you want to apply online, simply visit the official site of ENC, and follow the above-mentioned process. Through the ENC website, you can also print demand notice and track your application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
You can visit the ENC website and check your application status through Tracking Id.
Yes, you need to submit the documents along with the application form to the relevant office even if you have applied online.
You need to pay the demand notice in the designated bank on your demand notice.
You can get your documents attested by any government officer of scale 16 or above.